Keyboard Maestro Activate Action

Hello,

I have added a script in Keyboard Maestro to activate Zotero. However, the Zotero opened through this action behaves differently then the one opened from the dock (on my mac). For example, all the fields are activated each time it opens, and it also opens in a different corner.

Is there a reason why Zotero might open differently? I can't see any difference in the path (they both point to the Zotero in the Application) or any flags.
  • all the fields are activated each time it opens
    What do you mean by that?

I don't know exactly what that action does, but do you see the same behavior if you run activate application "Zotero" in Script Editor? That works fine for me.

Is it opening a second icon in the Dock, or the existing one?
  • Thank you! I have tried `activate application "Zotero"`, and works as expected (as if clicked from the dock). Is there a reason why Launch Application behaves differently?

By "all the fields" I mean that all the columns are automatically checked (Creator, Item Type, Date etc.).

• I was able to reproduce the unexpected behavior. It happens if I open and quit Zotero too quickly, before it finishes to load properly.
  • edited April 9, 2020
    Is there a reason why Launch Application behaves differently?
    No idea — that'd be a question for Keyboard Maestro.
    I was able to reproduce the unexpected behavior. It happens if I open and quit Zotero too quickly, before it finishes to load properly.
    I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. What are the exact steps to reproduce, from a working installation?
  • I'm sorry for the confusion. I think the difference in behavior happens not because of how it is launched, but rather when Zotero is opened and quit too quickly.