Leaving beta

Good morning,

Is there any way to know when it is possible to leave the beta?

When I've tried in there have been compatibility issues with current fully published verion.

Cheers,

Haydn
  • edited April 6, 2020
    You can leave the beta at any time by reinstalling the release version of Zotero from https://zotero.org/download (your data won't be affected by reinstalling).

Generally, any fix you might have installed the beta to access will be incorporated into the next release, so you could look at the Zotero changelog to see if there has been a recent release since you installed the beta, then reinstall the release version.
    When I've tried in there have been compatibility issues with current fully published verion.
    I'm not sure what you mean there, can you elaborate?

• Sorry, I meant this:

"beta versions occasionally update the database such that downgrading isn't possible without reverting to a backup copy of zotero.sqlite in the Zotero data directory or waiting for the next release version of Zotero"

Last time I tried it wasn't possible and I don't have a backup.
  • edited April 6, 2020
    It should be fine at the moment.

But also, there's never a harm in trying. If there's an incompatibility, it simply won't start up with the upgraded database and will tell you you need a newer version of Zotero. (And when the database is upgraded in an incompatible way, an automatic backup is made in your data directory.)
  • Okay.

Thanks all,