Double-clicking entry in web library doesn't open webpage

• I think my query is related to this thread...sorry if it is not. When I double click on an entry (with a URL or DOI, but no attachment) in my Zotero desktop version, it opens the online version with no problem. But when I do the same on the same entry on the sync web version of Zotero: I do not get anything. It stops there. I need to go to the info on the right hand side, copy the URL and paste it on the Internet search engine I am using (Chrome or Edge generally). Is this a bug? How can I get the web version open the entries online versions by just double clicking on them? (I have URLs for all). Thanks.
  • (When in doubt, please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to is from 2012 and unrelated to the web library. I've moved this to a new thread.)

The web library doesn't currently follow the same behavior as the desktop app of following the URL/DOI on double-click if there's no file attachment. (It will view the attachment if there is one.) We'll fix that, but in the meantime you can just click the URL or DOI label in the right-hand pane, the same as in the desktop app.
  • Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I see...I was clicking on the URL itself on the right-hand side pane, not on the URL 'label', just did it and and worked perfectly well!!

Thanks again!