UN document OSCOLA citation

Hi there,

I am trying to cite United Nations documents using Juris M. Examples in this link https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/sites/files/oxlaw/oscola_2006_citing_international_law.pdf

Should I do this under 'statute' or 'bill' and is there guidance on where to fill in the information? example of how it should look below.

author | title | (date) | UN Doc | document number

Footnote and bibliography:
e.g. United Nations (UN) Final Act of the UN Diplomatic Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Establishment of an International Criminal Court (17 July 1998) UN Doc A/CONF.183/10

thank you
  • Which version of OSCOLA are you using (either the OSCOLA style in the Zotero styles repository, or the JM OSCOLA style that ships with Jurism)?
  • It was on standard OSCOLA.

I have amended to JM OSCOLA now
  • Understood. If you are using Jurism, JM OSCOLA will be better at handling cite forms across multiple jurisdictions. UN document cites are a work in progress, so feel free to post concerning things that are not coming out correctly.

In OSCOLA 2006 international supplement has the title of that document in quotes, and without the UN set as author:

‘Final Act of the UN Diplomatic Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Establishment of an International Criminal Court’ (17 July 1998) UN Doc A/CONF.183/10

Has the international section of OSCOLA been amended, or are you working to a variant of OSCOLA? In either case, this would best be entered as a Report, with the title set in the Title field, the jurisdiction set to United Nations, the UN Doc number (just A/CONF... without "UN Doc") in the Bill Number field, and the date in the Date field.