How do I download my Web Library into new Mac

Dear Zotero,
My old Macbook Pro was stolen and my only back up for my Zotero library is my Zotero web Library.
How can I download my web library (including pdfs) into my computer (I though it would be easy, but I have found no obvious way to do it).
Please help!
Thanks in advance
Ana
  • Really sorry to hear your laptop has been stolen. I believe what you want to do is to setup sync for your Zotero. Just download Zotero from here, install it on your new computer and follow these instructions to setup sync. Make sure you use the same credentials as you did before (probably the same as you use to post on the forum) so that it syncs correct data.
  • Hi tnajdek,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Sorry I forgot to say that Sync is set up. I click on the green circular arrow on the top right corner (I'm guessing that's what I'm meant to be doing) and it turned and turned for at least 15 min and nothing happened. Is this simply because my library is too big (around 2800 refs many of the with pdf attachments)?

Thanks again !
    Ana
  • What does it say when you hover over the turning sync icon?
  • It's worked! (and all the pdfs are there !) It looks as though I was just being impatient. Thanks tnajdek and dstillman for your prompt replies (and apologies for wasting your time).
    Zotero saves my (research) life once again.
    Ana
  • Hi arivero0508 and others,

I am in a similar situation and will try to sync from my online library.

My main concern is that the new empty laptop library will by synced to the online library - deleting my existing files.

Could anyone please confirm that this concern is unfounded? I.e. syncing will be directed from online to laptop?

Thank you!
    Pieter
  • @tuytens: Yes, it's unfounded. Zotero only syncs explicit deletions you've made. To set up a new computer and pull down all your data, all you need to do is sync.
  • Great it worked! Thank you dstillman for your reply - very much appreciated!