Problems with the Chrome Connector

This discussion was created from comments split from: Available for beta testing: Zotero Connector for Safari 13.
  • @adomasven , thank you for your suggestion! Say I go with Chrome - is the beta version of Zotero fine or do I need to delete this one and intsall another Zotero app? I know I have to Download the Connector, which is fine but I wonder if this is all?

I will do what you suggested when I will have some spare time because I like Safari!
  • @adomasven , I have installed chrome, made it my default browser (oh, I do not like this and miss my Safari), I see the button, but when I click on it, it does not save the article on Zotero Beta....why?
  • The Beta version of Zotero is fine. The Chrome connector in general is very stable. You do not have to switch your browser to Chrome entirely, you can use Chrome only when you need to save with Zotero. We are hoping to have a proper fix for the Safari issues eventually.

Generally you shouldn't need to restart Zotero or Chrome after installing the Zotero Connector, but it wouldn't hurt as a first troubleshooting step. If you still have problems you'd need to be more specific what you're seeing in chrome and perhaps follow the Troubleshooting Issues with Zotero Translators steps.