How do I turn my personal library into the library for a new group?

I basically want my boss to be able to access and edit my library. To do this, I tried creating a group, but now I am not sure how to drag my personal library into the group so it can become a group library.

Also, please email me if you can help -- ewalker84@gmail.com

Thanks!
Liz
  • Liz:

I did this a few days ago myself. I think it was as simple as opening Zotero, opening the folder in MyLibrary that I wanted to copy from, and selecting and dragging all the files down into folder for the group library. I only had a handful of files at that point. Then you can click the green sync button to manually sync, which uploads your files. (I think the default is set to sync automatically.) Your boss can view your references online, but (if I understand this correctly) will have to edit them in his own copy of Zotero and then sync to make his changes upload to the group library.

I was very impressed at how easy it was. I am now sharing garden sources for wiki with a gardener in Australia who is working in Australia, who is otherwise a stranger to me.
  • Thanks for the suggestion.

Hrmm..this solution doesn't seem to work for me. I get an x over the "Group" tab. When I try to pull from the bottom, it also says it will go but then doesn't. Anyone have other ideas?

Liz