I'm encountering a sync error
report id no. 1231789044

error message: component returned failure code 0x8004005 (NS_ERROR_FAIL

and the rest of the error message is cut off

I just upgraded to v 2.0b6.2

sync was working before upgrade.

Any clues?

Laura
  • That's a surprising error. Could you generate debug output for the sync attempt, up through when you receive the error, and send it to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread? Thanks very much.
  • I'm working in Windows Vista; no instructions for Vista in the link in your previous message , and I'm not finding where to start the first step, "Locate about:config" in the address bar.
    Clearly, I'm no programmer. Not currently in a place I can get help, so any advice you can provide via the web is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Laura
  • edited July 11, 2009
    i am experiencing the same error since updating.
    Also i get sometimes (after ff-restart for example) the message that some items were deleted/added on multiple locations and it has been added to my collection. But it isnt there and i did what i did on purpose and not on an onther pc.

Next, i get a window showing me a local and and aremote version of some articles i inserted into zotero. i think its somekind of manual sync-error handling. But i cant click on anything except "next", "cancel" and "finish sync".

Each of the error shows up randomly after a ff-restart. Sometimes its this, sometimes that.
  • Jarod: Please start a separate thread.
  • Laura: Just type "about:config" in the Firefox address bar and hit Enter.
  • @Dan: no need. Did a "restore to Zotero Server" and its working again