Deleting a Saved Search

Hi, any help here would be most appreciated. I have a saved search but now when I click on it (left or right mouse) it instantly crashes Zotero, a restart is demanded. Is there anyway to delete this booby trap of a search?

For information, I am running Zotero 5.0.82 on a MacBook, the saved search had two combined searches, each of the two searches worked on its own, but when combined with an "ALL" into a this new search, it started to have problems.
  • Can you provide a Report ID after the crash?
  • Done, here is the report ID 1584196303

I suspect there is something going on inside the combined searches. Each search worked fine on its own. I was trying to us 'ANY' rather than 'ALL' in this problem search I noticed that it seemed to make no difference even though one of the two searches was positive and the other negative, so ALL should not have worked. Not sure if that helps.
  • OK, this should be fixed in the latest Zotero beta. You can run the beta once, delete the search with that, and then switch back to the main version.

This was a bug when a search both pointed to a nonexistent saved search and used the "Include parent and child items of matching items" option.
  • I downloaded and installed the beta (5.0.83-beta.10+76081ab05), however it made no difference, right clicking on the problematic saved search instantly crashes Zotero, which requests a restart.
    Right clicking on other saved searches works fine.

I submitted a problem report ID 1945637528
  • Just a thought, but would a possible temporary work around be to allow a right mouse click to display the normal context window [Edit Saved search.... etc.] for a saved search before doing anything?

That way it might be possible for a user to delete the corrupt saved search using the third line of the context window [Delete Saved....].
  • Sorry, update to the latest beta and try again.
    Just a thought, but would a possible temporary work around be to allow a right mouse click to display the normal context window [Edit Saved search.... etc.] for a saved search before doing anything?
    Yes, that would be ideal, but we're not able to do that easily in our current architecture.
  • Many thanks - that worked !
    Zotero version 5.0.83-beta.12+a53f363b8 solved the problem! I could delete the problematic saved searches.