Flaws in Zotero?

Hi, new to Zotero, but there seem to be two primary user flaws that affect usability terribly. One is that every *single* time I delete an attachment, everything re-sets to the first entry in the alphabetical list of records. This means having to change back page by page by page to where I was. The second is that the system keeps picking up old PDF articles to attach to an entry for some reason. The only way I've found to rectify this is to close Zotero & open it again, at which point it seems to forget about the older article. If I don't watch every single thing though, I end up with the wrong articles attached to entries. I'm using Chrome, but this is really painful as I've gathered 450 entries to sort out, and it's taking forever due to these two issues.
  • Is this in the Zotero desktop client, or the web library? I can't reproduce this behavior in the desktop client.
  • It's the online version
  • @tnajdek will need to take a look, but if you're doing any sort of extensive work, you really want to be using the Zotero desktop app, not the web library. You should install the desktop app from the download page and sync to have your library locally.

(Note that if you just say "Zotero" we're always going to assume you're referring to the desktop app, so be sure to say explicitly when you're referring to the web library.)
  • Hi, would you be able to answer few questions in order for us to fix problems you've experienced?

Firstly could you please confirm that you're using the new web library beta? The "old" web library has a header with a grey background and a link on top that says "Try the New Web Library Beta". New web library has a header with a white background and a little chevron sign next to your username.

If you've been using the old version, please ignore my comments below and instead try the new version which has many usability improvements.
    One is that every *single* time I delete an attachment, everything re-sets to the first entry in the alphabetical list of records
    I believe this is how the old web library used to work and I didn't see this in the new version. However if you're using the new web library, could you please describe steps you're taking to trigger this problem? Can you see an error on the screen (in top right corner)?
    The second is that the system keeps picking up old PDF articles to attach to an entry for some reason.
    Again, if you could provide steps to reproduce and describe in more details what happens (and what should happen instead) when "system keeps picking up old PDF articles", that would help a lot.