Authors in Bibliographie (Author's name each time repeated)

Hi,
A question regarding bibliographies:
I am using Chicago Manual 17th, full note.
If there are several references by the same author, it shows up like this in the bibliography:

Alexandre, Arsene. Claude Monet. Paris: Galerie Bernheim-Jeune, 1921.
———. La Collection Canonne. Paris, 1930.
———. La Collection Henri Rouart. Paris, 1912.

What changes do I have to make to have the author's name (and first name) before each reference (instead of "---")?

Thanks for your help!
  • remove subsequent-author-substitute="———" (depending on where/how you look at it, may also say – instead of the dashes)
  • Thanks, Adam; should this change be made in the Zotero style editor? So far I couldn't find either "subsequent-author-substitute" or "&#8211" there ...
    Thanks again

• It's in the style in the line starting with <bibliography
    The Zotero Style editor would show this, yes. See https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step for more
  • Thanks, so in this line:
    bibliography hanging-indent="true" et-al-min="11" et-al-use-first="7" subsequent-author-substitute="———" entry-spacing="0">

I remove this part: subsequent-author-substitute="———"

correct?
  • Yes. Remove that, then change the style title and ID at the top of the style.
  • Hi, relating to the above discussion, I removed

"subsequent-author-substitute="———"

which generated an error message: "Error parsing style Error: File is not valid XML"

How can I proceed?
    Thanks for your help!

• If you just removed that part it shouldn't throw up an error. You might have deleted a space between the various settings.
    You can use the validator validator.citationstyles.org/ to see what error it throws up or share your code via HasteBin/PasteBin and provide the URL here and we have a loo.
  • Hi again, I managed to make the change, thank you!
    I had thought that I didn't sucessfully change the style title and ID, because I only saw the possibility (top of window) to "save as" (which I did), but didn't know where to change the ID.
    The changed name did not appear in the Style editor, but when I tried it out, it worked.

Still, I would like to know how to do the operation of changing the style title and ID, as I need to tell my colleagues (and might need to repeat it myself after an update).

So thanks very much in advance for some step-by-step info on that process.

• Thank you, adamsmith, no, I hadn't seen this ... It is perfectly clear!