Help for editing CSL style

Hello,

I try to create a new style and I almost there, but there are still some problems I need to fix. Could you help me with the following issues ?

For example for a chapter in the book I would like :
SCHÄDLER, U. (small caps), « À quoi joue-t-on ? Les osselets », in V. Dasen et U. Schädler (éds), Jeux et jouets gréco-romains, Archéothéma, 31 (2013), p. 62-63.

I have this :

SCHÄDLER, U. (small caps), « À quoi joue-t-on ? Les osselets », in DASEN, V. et SCHÄDLER, U. (small caps) (éd.), Jeux et jouets gréco-romains, Archéothéma, 31, (2013), p. 62 63.

I can’t manage to obtain éd. in it’s plural form and I can’t delete the comma after 31.

I also want to know if it could be possible to choose small caps in the first place for the name of editors when it appaears like a book - DASEN, V. et SCHÄDLER, U. (éd.), Jeux et jouets gréco-romains, Archéothéma, 31, (2013) – and other display when they are mentioned like in the first example.

I could send you the csl file if you need it.

Thank you for your help

• Could you please post the CSL file to hastebin.com or pastebin.com and provide a link to the style here so we can take a look? None of that should be too difficult.
  • Thank you for your answer
    The CSl file is here : https://hastebin.com/oquvoqefic.xml
  • For ed in plural:
    Replace line 17 with:
    <term name="editor" form="short">
    <single>éd.</single>
    <multiple>éd.</multiple>
    </term>

For removing the small caps for editors (and printing initial and name in the right order):
    Remove name-as-sort-order="all" and font-variant="small-caps" from line 36

For removing the comma before the year:
    Find
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <text macro="title"/>
    <text variable="container-title" font-style="italic"/>
    <text variable="volume"/>
    <text variable="issue"/>
    <text macro="year-date"/>
    <text macro="pages"/>
    </group>

Change to

<group delimiter=" ">
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <text macro="title"/>
    <text variable="container-title" font-style="italic"/>
    <text variable="volume"/>
    <text variable="issue"/>
    </group>
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <text macro="year-date"/>
    <text macro="pages"/>
    </group>
    </group>
  • Thank you so much for helping me !
  • It didn't work for for removing the comma before the year, maybe it's my fault ! I will find ;)
  • You're perfectly right it works for removing the comma (if type is article journal article, etc.) Could I apply for book with collection number too?

For removing the small caps for editors (and printing initial and name in the right order): it is possible to have two different displays ?
    For the book itself like this : DASEN V. (éd.), Title....
    but different in this case of chapter : AMMAR, H. "Les chariots", in V. Dasen (éd.), Title ....

Thank you for your help !
  • Not 100% sure what you want to achieve re the collection, but you have a delimiter in your collection macro (lines 65-70) that you can remove like such:

<macro name="collection">
    <group delimiter=" ">
    <text variable="collection-title" form="short" font-style="italic"/>
    <text variable="collection-number" strip-periods="false" font-variant="normal" suffix=","/>
    </group>
    </macro>

For the other question, you would need to build a conditional like such:

<macro name="author">
    <choose>
    <if type="chapter" match="any">
    <names variable="author" font-variant="small-caps" delimiter=", ">
    <name and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never" initialize-with=". " name-as-sort-order="all"/>
    <et-al font-style="italic"/>
    <substitute>
    <text macro="container-author"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </if>
    <else>
    <names variable="author" delimiter=", ">
    <name and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never" initialize-with=". " name-as-sort-order="all"/>
    <et-al font-style="italic"/>
    <substitute>
    <text macro="container-author"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </else>
    </choose>
    </macro>
  • I understand your question about chapter authors differently from damnation -- could you post two full examples here, both how you'd like them and how they currently come out?
  • edited February 10, 2020
    Ah, you're right, @adamsmith. Misread that.

You'll need to duplicate the container-author macro and give it a different name. For one you leave the small caps in, for the other, new one, take them out and change the name where you call it in the style.
  • Thank you for your help. Here is my CSL file : https://hastebin.com/eteremuyej.xml

I have two problems :

1) For editors I need two differents kind of visualizations in two different circumstances :
    1a : I have already this one for books :
    DASEN, V. (small caps) (éd.), Ludique ! Jouer dans l’Antiquité, Catalogue de
    l’exposition, Lyon, Lugdunum, Musée et théâtres romains, 20 juin-1er décembre
    2019, Gent (2019).
    1b : I need this one when the editor is mentionned for a chapter book.
    I have that :
    DASEN, V., « Hoops and Coming of Age in Greek and Roman Antiquity », in
    BROUGÈRE, G. et ALLEN, M. (small caps) (éds.), 8th International Toy Research
    Association World Conference (ITRA), Toys and Material Culture. Hybridisation,
    Design and Consumption, Paris (2019), p. 1 21.
    I need that :
    DASEN, V., « Hoops and Coming of Age in Greek and Roman Antiquity », in G.
    BROUGÈRE et M. ALLEN (small caps) (éds.), 8th International Toy Research
    Association World Conference (ITRA), Toys and Material Culture. Hybridisation,
    Design and Consumption, Paris (2019), p. 1 21.

2) I can't manage for journal articles to visualize the complete date (day, month, year)
    I have that :
    FRANCE, A., « La vie littéraire », Le temps (1887)
    I need that :
    FRANCE, A., « La vie littéraire », Le temps (16 octobre 1887).
  • edited February 10, 2020
    1)
    Duplicate the editor macro, give it a different name like "editor-chapter" and change the setting of "name-as-sort-order" to "first".
    Then use/call this macro in line 226 (it will be line 235 after duplicating).

2) easiest for you probably will be to replace line 193 where you call the year-date macro with <"text macro="year-date"/>" with <date form="text" variable="issued" prefix="(" suffix=")"/>