Word: no Bibliography created

Hi, Zotero (5.0.77) enables to insert new references to the text but does not create/display bibliography. It is, the toggled code appears but bbliography is not created to the .docx document. Same happens with a new document with just one random citation. Any advice?
  • What citation style are you using? Could you describe precisely what happens when you press Add/Edit Bibliography in a new document with one citation?
  • Uh, I'm out of the office today but basically happens this:
    1) I tried different citation styles (APA7, Nature, +some random ones).
    2) I add a citation to a brand new 'one citation' document (docx).
    3) Citation appears correctly in the text
    4) After pressing button an error message appears (something about failure in creating connection with Zotero) but without any error code.
    [If I press the button within an old Zotero connected document, then the old bibliography disappears (which is not good).]
    5) After toggling the fields the field appears, but with empty fields.
    I'll be back in office only after some days and then I can send exact phrasing of the error message.
  • Sorry, some field mark in my original message got lost (Those inserted between < signs.)
    Basically happens this:
    1) I tried different citation styles (APA7, Nature, +some random ones).
    2) I add a citation to a brand new 'one citation' document (docx).
    3) Citation appears correctly in the text
    4) After pressing [Add/Edit Bibli] button an error message appears (something about failure in creating connection with Zotero) but without any error code.
    [If I press the [Refresh ]button within an old Zotero connected document, then the old bibliography disappears (which is not good).]
    5) After toggling the fields the [BIBLIO ] field appears, but with empty 'cells'.

I'll be back in office only after some days and then I can send exact phrasing of the error message
  • Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero?

1. In the Help menu, go to Debug Output Logging and select Enable.
    2. Attempt to insert a bibliography in a new document with one citation. Click through any prompts you get.
    3. Before doing anything else, return to Help → Debug Output Logging and click Submit Output, which will disable logging and submit the output to zotero.org. A window should pop up containing a Debug ID. Click “Copy to Clipboard” and paste the Debug ID into this forum thread.
  • Huh, I couldn't. Aftre pressing the [Submit Output] button I received a message: [Invalid response from server].
  • Hi again. I contacted our IT-support and they said that the problem could be within our local network (something about "...too tight CIRC"?). I'll let you know about developments.
  • Problem solved!
    Failure appeared due to our local security updates. (Error message [JavaScript Error: „The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/.“]). Sorry for the fuss I caused.