How to stop syncing a group library

My 2 GB storage is maxed out and my libraries don't sync any further. In addition to my regular library, I have 4 group libraries. I really don't use 2 of them. I would like to keep the 2 inactive group libraries, but simply stop syncing their files to the Zotero server. Here is what I would like to do:
* My Library: continuing syncing files online
* 2 active group libraries: sync on my local computer and online using my 2 GB quota
* 2 inactive group libraries: keep on my local computer and remove file storage from my online 2 GB quota
- It would be nice to keep syncing the group library references without the files, but if that is not possible, I can completely remove them from online syncing
- However, I would like to keep these inactive group libraries at least in my local computer Zotero

I would appreciate any help with this.

• Your online option would be to delete the group online and then, when prompted in the Zotero app, choose to keep a read-only local copy of the group that will no longer sync at all.

If you go that route, be sure to make a backup of your Zotero data directory before deleting anything, in case something goes wrong.
  • @dstillman, Thanks! It worked perfectly when I did everything you specified.
  • I tried this, and got a server error (online) when trying to delete the group library in question. The library no longer appears in my list of groups, however, it still takes up (all of) my storage space. How can I purge the data from my online account?
  • @SLotreck: I assume this is resolved? Storage usage is cached for a minute or two.
  • Yes it is, thanks!
  • Dear Dan, I need a clarification here. If I am not the owner of the group library (which I want to maintain on offline (local copy) of), then the only option I seem to have online is 'leave' the group. Will 'leaving' in zotero in the browser still trigger the app to ask me whether I want to maintain a local copy?