Is "container-author" in CSL for citing book author working?

Hi there,
I am trying to edit a CSL code in order to have the book author mentioned.
The idea is to have something like this :

LAHIRE Bernard, 2007, « Savoirs et techniques intellectuelles à l’école primaire » dans Jérôme Deauvieau et Jean-Pierre Terrail (dir.), Les sociologues, l’école et la transmission des savoirs, Paris, La Dispute (coll. « L’enjeu scolaire »).

So here is a book section written by Bernard Lahire.
He is mentionned as "auteur" in my french version of Zotero (which means author)
And the book authors are Jérôme Deauvieau and Jean-Pierre Terrail.
They are mentionned as "auteur du livre" (book authors).

I've tried to edit the code using "container-author", but it doesn't show the book authors' names.
Their names only show up if I mention them as "éditeur" in the reference, and using "editor" in Zotero style.
Does the "container-author" entry works? Or is it a problem with my code?
Here is my CSL : https://pastebin.com/tqHVJcxG

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Mathieu
  • edited January 18, 2020
    Usually they are editors as they put the book together, but have not written anything (=author).

So change your Zotero entries so that Deauvieau and Terrail are editors and the style will work. Just tested it.

"Mares Isabela, 2001, « Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? » dans Peter A. Hall et David Soskice (eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, New York, Oxford University Press, p. 184‑213."

Otherwise, I've also tested your code with using an example that has the "Book author/container-author" filled in and that works, too. Nothing wrong.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Yes, for some books I'll use the "editor" entry when the authors didn't write anything.
    But I've several references where there are book authors who wrote some of the book. So I would like to have it work for thoses references too.
    With the code I showed, I think it only shows the editors (with ed(s).), but not the book authors (dir.).
    I would like to have both working.
    Thank you again
    You need to change the editor macro so it uses the container-author variable. See screenshot below.

Entry in Zotero: mares-copy

Output: mares-output
  • Ok, this is very strange because in my bibliography (using Word), it shows that way ;
    LAHIRE Bernard, 2007, « Savoirs et techniques intellectuelles à l’école primaire » dans Les sociologues, l’école et la transmission des savoirs, Paris, La Dispute (coll. « L’enjeu scolaire »).

Did you change your code like I said and install it?
    You probably still using the old style.

Also, ideally you want to make a new macro to show Book authors, so the style shows both editors and container-authors depending what is entered in Zotero.
  • Perfect, that works. Sorry I didn't understand I had to modify something according to your screenshot.
    Now that's all good - exept one thing that I still have to figure out (when there are multiple translators, it shows "translated by" before each translator) that might have something to do with the macro I use.
    Thank you very much for your help!
  • You have built that macro wrong. Instead of entering that "traduit par" to the names you need to use a label.
    E.g.:

<macro name="translator">
    <names variable="translator">
    <label form="verb"/>
    <name prefix=" " and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never" sort-separator=" "/>
    </names>
    </macro>
  • Thanks you very much, that works perfectly well!