Undo - Delete collection

I deleted a collection (with sub-collections) by mistake and I would like to know if it was possible to undo it. It isn't possible to do it on the computer library and it was automatically synchronized on the online library. I know that the files weren't deleted but I made a long work to make this collection.
Thank you a lot for you help!

• You can try to restore from the one of your last automatic backups.

(We know this isn't a great fix, and we'll be adding undo for this in an upcoming version.)
  • Hello,

I see a few comments on this and I wondered whether you are planning on adding an "undo delete a collection" function to the program and if so, when will it be available?

I have started sorting my references in different folders and a few times when I meant to delete a single reference from a collection, I deleted the entire folder. There is no way to undo this mistake and I think the way the software is set up, it can happen easily. You may want to at the very least include some visually distinct warning when a collection is about to be deleted, as opposed to a single reference.

Any updates will be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • I concur with viussi. Are there any clear plans to implement this functionality *in the near future*?

This is a problem that users have mentioned since at least 2010 (!!), so it is about time that this gets addressed. It is still way too easy to accidentally delete a collection, and having no undo function is not really acceptable anymore in 2020.

I am saying this looking forward to another hour or two of tedious reconstruction work after just accidentally deleted one of my collections and its multiple sub-collections, again.
  • Again, while we understand it's not a good solution and are still planning to address this properly, if you "just" deleted a collection you can almost certainly restore it as it existed a day ago from one of the last automatic backups.