Can not integrate pdf files into zotero folder

So I just installed windows 10 and for some reason I can not put pdf files into my zotero now. How do I do this properly?
  • What do you mean by that, exactly? What exactly are you trying and what's happening? Can you provide a Report ID?

If you mean that you're unable to drag files into Zotero, we've seen that when Zotero is set to run as an administrator instead of running as your normal user.
  • I'm trying to drag pdf files into zotero from my desktop, and nothing is happening for some reason. I don't know how it is set but how do I make sure I set it to run as a normal user as opposed to administrator?
  • [JavaScript Error: "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
    Location: moz-nullprincipal:{e0378e02-47f7-4ba6-b332-5840d8480cb9}
    Line Number 1, Column 9:" {file: "moz-nullprincipal:{e0378e02-47f7-4ba6-b332-5840d8480cb9}" line: 1 column: 9 source: "%PDF-1.5"}]

[JavaScript Error: "win.content is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 3320}]

[JavaScript Error: "win.content is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 3320}]
  • This is what is written under error report
  • how do I make sure I set it to run as a normal user as opposed to administrator
    That's really a Windows question, but there should be settings about running as an administrator in Properties (right-click → Properties, maybe under Compatibility) for both the desktop shortcut and zotero.exe.

This could probably also be caused by security software on your system interfering with Zotero.
  • I managed to store files after checking the compatibility in Properties. However now that my files are stored searching for keywords in them is not working. What could be the issue?
  • If the keyword is in the title of the file it will come up but not when the keyword is within the actual pdf file.
  • If you're using the search bar, you need to click the drop-down and switch it to "Everything" mode (instead of the default "Title, Creator Year") to search attachment content.

If that's still not working, click on the PDF that's not coming up in the results and make sure it says "Indexed: Yes" in the right-hand pane.
  • It is finally functional thank youu!