5.0.80 Sync Error: "It may have been saved with a newer version of Zotero"

edited December 11, 2019
"Some data in Deep Design Lab could not be downloaded. It may have been saved with a newer version of Zotero."

What can this be about? And what to do?
  • That message is in place for some future updates, but you shouldn't be seeing it yet.

Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync that triggers this?
  • It is gone after a restart. So, not sure what triggered it. Happy to provide an ID but suspect it will be useless now that the error is gone.
  • Yes, it would have to be for a sync that triggers it.
  • I keep getting this, intermittently. Usually a restart of Zotero results in a sync without this warning. So, here is a mid-session Debug ID. Debugging was enabled after a sync when the warning appeared. Another sync was run immediately after with no intervening operations and the warning remained. D920711362

The subsequent restart of Zotero resulted in a sync without a warning.
  • We'll fix this, but as a temporary fix, paste QC7FV886 into the Zotero search bar in that library to find the item in question. It looks like that item was changed to a Journal Article locally, while it's a Report in the online library, and a "Place" value was added remotely. That created a conflict for you, since Place isn't a valid field for Journal Article. You can fix this manually by changing the item to Report locally before syncing.
  • OK, thanks. Any tips on how to avoid this?
  • We'll fix it soon, but if you have auto-sync enabled and tend to work with an internet connection you should get very few sync conflicts in general. But again, this specific problem would only happen if the conflict involved an item type change on one computer that was incompatible with a field change on another, which is obviously an extremely rare situation.
  • I also have the same problem and want to ask how to localize the specific item that was wrong, so i can try to change the item type manually. Thanks!
  • @mh.zhang: We'd need to see a Debug ID for a sync attempt that triggers it.
  • I get 'Some data in My library could not be downloaded. it may have been saved with a newer version of zotero.' message quite consistently now. Submitted debug info with Debug ID D253370832
  • @pet1202: An old item in your online library has some invalid data. We'll look into this and fix it server-side, but in the meantime, if you delete the item at https://www.zotero.org/pet1202/items/QUEUTJ6W/library and empty the trash, this particular error should go away (though there might be some other items with bad data).