Can't save dissertation in CNKI to Zotero

When I try to save it, I get the following prompts:
An error occurred saving with CNKI. Attempting to save using Save as Webpage instead.
  • The CNKI translator was fixed recently.

Can you provide an example URL where it's not working?
  • edited December 10, 2019
    That's working for me. I'd guess that you don't have the latest version of the translator, possibly because Zotero isn't receiving translator updates.

Try manually updating your translators from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences, and then, assuming that works without an error, update translators from the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector.

If it's still not working after that, we'd want to see a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the page and attempting to save.
  • Thank YOU!
    I can find Zotero preferences, and updated my translators from the Advanced pane without an error,BUT I CAN'T find where is Zotero Connector.
  • Right-click on the save button and choose Options or Preferences.
  • THkS again. When I click the update translators button in Zotero Connector, nothing seems to happen. And the problem has not been solved.
    So I reported this error.
    Report ID: 1734427973
  • When I click the update translators button in Zotero Connector, nothing seems to happen.
    It doesn't change to "Updated"? If not, there may be a problem with your network connections in Zotero, which would prevent you from receiving translator updates. Are you able to submit a Debug ID for clicking Update Now?
    Report ID: 1734427973
    That's a Report ID. We need a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for this. But hold off on that. First we need to make sure you're actually receiving translator updates, since that's the most likely cause of the problem.
  • For what it's worth, I have encountered the exact same problem -- all CNKI articles fail with the same error liuyulun reported above.

I followed dstillman's instructions to update the translators manually, but when it came to updating the Zotero Connector in Firefox, pressing the "Update Translators" button had no effect whatsoever (it does not change to "Updated" or in fact do anything else).

Is there a way to manually apply the new site translator to Zotero Connector somehow to see if it solves the problem?
  • FYI The url above works for me as well with the new translator.
    Is there a way to manually apply the new site translator to Zotero Connector somehow to see if it solves the problem?
    Yes, you can go to your Zotero data directory and then to the "translators" subfolder. Download the newest CNKI.js translator and save it in this subfolder (it must have the correct file ending at the end), i.e. replace the old file with the same name there. Click on updating translators or restart Zotero and your Browser and try again.

But you certainly want to make sure then also that you receive all the other updates from the translators.