Searching for citation style with each item type entered separately

Hello, many years ago, I remember seeing a Zotero citation style where each item type was entered separately. There was no book rendering, article rendering etc. I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know a style like that?
  • I don't understand what you're describing I'm afraid. Example?
  • edited December 11, 2019
    It had each item type like entered individually, sort of like this. I only just entered a few things to show what I mean. Every if type is only one item type.

<if type="book" match="any">
    <group>
    <names variable="author"/>
    <date form="text" date-parts="year-month-day" variable="issued"/>
    <text variable="title"/>
    <text variable="edition"/>
    </group>
    </if>
    <else-if type="report" match="any">
    <group>
    <names variable="author"/>
    <date form="text" date-parts="year-month-day" variable="issued"/>
    <text variable="title"/>
    <text variable="edition"/>
    </group>

• (You have to wrap code in <code></code> tags to get it to show. I've edited your post.)
  • thank you dstillman.
  • I'm not aware of one -- what is this for?
  • Well, I have a style but people keep asking me to change something in it and I find it very difficult to keep pulling something out of the group to modify only the one item type. The last time, I didn't notice that the [online] was being picked up from somewhere else as well and 15 pages of bibliography were sent with two [online]'s. I thought I would like to start my style over with each item type entered separately so I could modify the style more easily.
  • After having made some 500 styles based on other styles I would say that 50% are styles like you want, i.e. each item type (or groups of them) are lined up individually in the bibliographic section of the CSL sheet.
    The other half are more based within the Macros. Chicago is a good example of that.

Considering that you should easily find a style that already matches your prerequisites pretty well and is also of the first type.