Problems with WebDAV storage of alternative providers

edited December 10, 2019
Hi,

First of all, thank you for making the most amazing bibliography manager ever.

Even though I bought premium storage at Zotero, unfortunately I have to now seek alternative free hosting, due to 2 GB being not enough for me, and being on a tight budget.

First of all, I wanted to point out that even with different WebDAV server set up, the rotating arrow on zotero desktop still says "sync with zotero.org". I am not sure if that intended or not.

1. I originally tried yandex.ru. After 3 days (!) of syncing 2 GB of attachments, it seems to not have set up properly, as there is an error after trying to sync (even after taking AGES to check if everything is in sync). I am not risking of trying the same sync to my other VM with my zotero library, as that is my 'backup' for now (even though I have backed up and exported the library on my main OS as well).

2. I tried pCloud (and if possible, that would be my preference of the three), and the sync took about 1 min, as it was saying '23 files remaining' even through I have more than 1400 attachments. Now it shows that sync is complete, even though the zotero folder on pCloud is 400 mb.

3. The same happens with Koofr, but even worse, as as soon as I press sync, it completes (as if everything is up to sync) but the zotero folder on Kooft is empty.

I am not sure what is going on, and why zotero cannot recognise that the server is not actually in sync with the attachments.

I am not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, here's my setup with pCloud for example https://imgur.com/a/FP7wJmr

Thank you
  • edited December 10, 2019
    First of all, I wanted to point out that even with different WebDAV server set up, the rotating arrow on zotero desktop still says "sync with zotero.org". I am not sure if that intended or not.
    It is. Zotero data syncing always go through Zotero servers.
    I am not sure what is going on, and why zotero cannot recognise that the server is not actually in sync with the attachments.
    When you switch between WebDAV services, you need to do a Reset File Sync History from the Sync → Reset pane of the preferences. (Don't use other sync reset options.)
  • Thank you very much, that worked.