ACM dl pdf downloads fail

I am on Mac Mojave in Firefox 68.2.0esr. My bug/log has ID: D1227093311

When I go to papers like the following https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3276495

I can right click the zotero connector and select Save to Zotero (ACM digital library) it downloads the metadata, but appears to attempt to download the pdf forever without ever saving it. I am able to manually download the pdf and add it, but I would be happier if I could have zotero automatically get the pdf.

Thanks.
  • This works fine for me and also the PDF saves in Zotero with a single click.

Can you right click on the Zotero icon in your browser, then choose preferences, Advanced, Debug Output Logging, activate Enable Logging? Then try again and afterwards submit the output and write the number here in this thread. Alternatively you can also have a look yourself at the logging and look for the lines with "PDF URL".
  • @canlewi provided a Debug ID from the connector already. For this we'd need a Debug ID from Zotero.
  • Is this not what you wanted? That is the id number I got when I submitted my log.

> My bug/log has ID: D1227093311
  • You can submit debug IDs from both the Firefox connector for Zotero and from Zotero itself. For most import failures, the one from Firefox -- which you submitted -- is the right one. However, for failed file downloads, we need the one from the Zotero app itself.
  • I have emailed an error report since I was unable to send it in via the app.
  • If you can't send debug output from Zotero, it's likely Zotero can't connect directly to the internet (which it needs to be able to download PDFs) -- you're likely seeing a version of this: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/connection_error
  • I can get PDFs from other journals though.
  • edited December 9, 2019
    All the network requests in your debug output are failing, which is due to either security software or interception by your IT department. See SSL Certificate Error.
  • I have followed the steps at the link and still am unable to download the pdf. I have sent a new error report via email.
  • What steps, exactly? Your IT department is intercepting your connections with a proxy server and custom certificate authority, so you'll need to follow the certificate override steps linked from that page.

There's no need for further debug output — you'll know when network connections are working in Zotero because you'll be able to submit error reports.