How to add more than one author in a citation ?

Hello,

My Zotero used to work perfectly but now I can't add more than one author in a citation.
Somebody ever face this situation and how did you manage it ?

Thanks you,
Thomas.
  • Could you give an example? Do you mean one work or one author?
  • Example : I want to archive an article writing by T. Smith and M. Adam.

In Zotero I add the article's title, the journal were it came frome and, off course, the authors but the software don't let me add more than one author.

How can I had these two authors to the work ?
  • edited December 6, 2019
    You click on the plus on the right-hand side to add more authors/editors.
    See image.png
  • I used to do like this until this button disapper. I tryed to enlarge the window or use the zoom but it's just not their anymore.
  • Can you edit the item at all? E.g. change/add the abstract or so?
    The plus sign should only disappear if either the window/right-hand pane is too small (and you've already checked that I understand) or if you don't have the permission to edit things
  • If you can edit the item but don't see the add-creator button, it means the right-hand side of the item pane is cut off, and you should be able to figure that by resizing the pane using the splitter to the left of the pane.

If you can't figure it out, take a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here.
  • Adansmith : Yes I can edit item and change everything exept adding an author because thi d**n button isn't there...

Dstillman : I ever try and it's didn't resizing "enought" to make it visible.

but I find a SOLUTION !!

Go to "display" in the uper tool bar -> Layout -> Select Piled Display
    This setting will change the window's organisation and make the button appear !

Thanks to everybody !
  • edited December 7, 2019
    I ever try and it's didn't resizing "enought" to make it visible.
    Are you trying to resize it bigger or smaller? You actually need to make it smaller.

If you don't want to use Stacked mode, can you take a couple screenshots that show the arrangements you've tried, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here? (You can also email the link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread if you don't want to post them publicly.)