Highlight / color title in my Library

Hello everyone, I'm just starting with Zotero.

I want to know if it's possible to edit the Title in my Library : let me explain.
I want to highlight or put some titles in red for example, to see the most important articles of a collection. But not in the PDF file.

I have few collections with 20 articles and I want to see directly which ones are the most important / the ones to read ...
Is it possible ?

Thank you for your answer

Best regards,

Elodie
  • You can use colored tags for this purpose. These will add a colored square next to the item title:
    https://Zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags#colored_tags
  • Perfect, thank you so much
  • Hi all,

Coming back to this topic, I was wondering if it would still be possible to highlight the whole line?

I am using the tag option which is working super nicely.
    However, I have several tags to identify various categories of publications. It would be useful to be able to color the whole publication line to make some selected publications stand out from the library in different colors.

Is it possible in the current version?

Thanks in advance!

Isabelle

• Not possible, no, sorry.
  • Oh ok. Thanks!
  • Hi Isabelle,

I have five special tags which I use to identify articles in special ways. They all begin _ so they stay at the top of the tag list, they are all in BLOCK CAPS so they stand out, they each have a different colour.
    So I have __TAGGED which shows if I have entered tags for an article and because it begins __ it is always first in the list and it's purple; _NOTE is green and reminds me that the article has a note attached; _CONCEPTS is a rather livid red and shows articles which illustrate a useful concept. They all produce appropriately coloured squares before the article title.
    Works for me.

David
  • Hi David,

Thanks! Writing in cap is a good idea. It might help. And also to put them first in the list. I will do this. Thanks!

I still think it would be nice to be able to highlight the whole line cause for the moment I have five most important tags but still can't figure out quickly where my most important publications are (also because some publications relate to several tags). Maybe I am too attached to the previous version of 'Paper' ahah. It is just a question of habits.

Thanks for your feedback!

Isabelle