Errors and omissions when exporting items to JSON format.

I am poking around Zotero's JSON export utility for a project. I have noticed a few problems where certain fields aren't being created or data are being incorrectly cast and structured. To whom should I report these, and what would the most effective way to do this?
  • This is the place to report things.

But I'm not sure what you mean by "JSON format". Zotero can export to CSL-JSON, but that's a specific format defined by the CSL project and doesn't include all data.
  • Thank you so much for your response! I did indeed mean CSL-JSON, because I am interested in accessing the CSL style repository and ultimately being a contributor, perhaps even an asset, to its greater health and further acceptance.

If not all data are included, is there a map or related specification that shows which Zotero outputs correspond to which CSL-JSON inputs? If so and you know it, can you point me to it?

I wish to avoid wasting anyone's time by reporting an error that isn't really an error or an omission that is known as an omission.

Peter
  • Thank you so much, emilianoeheyns: the JavaScript file you pointed me to had exactly the things I needed to google and ultimately find this very nicely laid out page that is exactly what I wished to find.
    https://aurimasv.github.io/z2csl/typeMap.xml
    This page will save me hours of work and prevent me from reporting things that are not errors but are characteristics!