Changing citation styles in a word document

Hello,
I have written my Thesis using the Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (full note), now I have to Change it into a citation style that is alphabetical. I am working with Windows 10, Word 2016 and Zotero 5.0.77. I have downloaded several alphabetical citation styles from the repository, but when I add a citation in word, only a number with no citation appears.
Can someone tell me how I can Change my citations into an alphabetical citation style?

The other Question I have: when I quote the same source multiple times, I get a new number and Zotero counts them as a new citation. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Best regards.
  • You can change the style by clicking on the plugin's Document Preferences button.
    when I quote the same source multiple times, I get a new number and Zotero counts them as a new citation
    If the old citations are no longer actually active, see Existing Citations Not Detected.
  • when I quote the same source multiple times, I get a new number and Zotero counts them as a new citation
    To be clear, though, that's how Chicago Manual is supposed to work
  • Thank you for your quick response.

I changed the citation style using document preferences but it changed nothing in my document. Do you have a recommendation for a citation style that sorts alphabetical?
  • Try American Psychological Association or Chicago author-date.

If things still aren't changing, see my link above.