File syncing - interference with ordinary use?

After a decade of heavy Zotero use, I finally want to buy a subscription for unlimited file syncing. The question I have relates to the first uploading process of my files. I have a rather large library (30gb), so worry slightly that the syncing process will somehow interfere with my ordinary use of Zotero. I should add that I am in the middle of a big project and would not want any major disruption of my workflow. Is this worry warranted?

Many thanks to all involved in Zotero! And thanks in advance for the advice/re-assurance.
  • No, it shouldn't interfere with normal usage. Things might run a little more slowly while Zotero processes and uploads the initial batch of files, but it shouldn't prevent you from using Zotero, and you can stop the sync at any time.

The one other issue is that Zotero checks all local files for changes during some syncs, including the first sync since Zotero startup and any manual sync. On a modern computer with an SSD that shouldn't be a problem, but it might be noticeable in a library with a huge number of files if you still have a hard disk drive in your computer. If any such delay happens, it would be at the very beginning of the sync, so you can test this before buying a subscription. (This mostly isn't an issue for people, but we're hoping to optimize the way Zotero checks for local file changes in a future version.)
  • Many thanks for the advice, Dan!