ZoteroQuickLook not working on MacOS

Hi @mronkko (or anyone else that can help! :-),

The quicklook add-on has stopped working. Relevant details:

ProductName: Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.14.6
BuildVersion: 18G103

Zotero: 5.0.78-beta.3+a549a64de
ZoteroQuickLook: 1.3.3

Quicklook works as expected in finder, etc.

Please let me know if you need any more info to help get ths super useful add-on working again!

Cheers,
Atanas
  • edited November 12, 2019
    I don't think ZoteroQuickLook has been updated for the current beta.

@bwiernik, were you looking into that? Let me know if you need help.
  • @dstillman Yes, I could definitely use help. The inner workings of the plugin are a bit beyond my familiarity with the Zotero window system.
  • Thanks for following this up @bwiernik. I tried to switch to the non-beta version of Zotero, however I was getting a database error so could not proceed…
  • edited November 18, 2019
    Can confirm that ZoteroQuicklook is not working with 5.0.78-beta.5+98a0699f8.
    (macOS 10.14.6) Quicklook works fine in the Finder and Pathfinder but has stopped working in Zotero a while ago. Miss it - @bwiernik thanks for looking into it.
  • I've submitted a patch with compatibility fixes for Zotero 5.0.78.
  • ZoteroQuickLook 1.4.0 is now released with Dan's patches and additional improvements.
  • @bwiernik Thanks! Now working again though it took me a while to realise that I actually had to drag the download from Github onto the Add-ons window, not import it via the GUI menu option.
  • zotero5.0.8,quicklook 1.3.3,cannot use in my macbookpro,version 10.15?any way to
    solve this problem?
  • @litang8888: Upgrade to the latest version of the plugin.
  • it's the newest one,but when i press space,there is no any respond。
  • edited December 26, 2019
    @litang8888: As noted above in this thread, 1.3.3 is not the newest version. If you've updated to 1.4.2 and it's still not working, provide a Debug ID for pressing the space bar.
  • i use your way to reinstall zotero,5.0.81,and 1.4.2quicklook(drag to install),but can not achieve also. @dstillman
  • but can not achieve also
    Meaning that you couldn't install 1.4.2, or that it's still not working? If it's still not working, we need a Debug ID, as I say.
  • when i perform all these step,restart my mac,the quicklook function has been useful until certain minutes later.thanks a lot
  • I have the same problem on Windows. My Debug ID is D381218569
  • @troyprobe What exactly happens when you type the space bar on an item? What QuickLook program do you have installed? Does it work if you select an item in File Explorer and type the space bar there?