How To Make Bibliography From Document With Annotations Extracted by Zotfile

As stated in the title I wonder if it is possible to add a bibliography to a word document where I copy pasted all the (zotfile) extracted annotations from several references. Moreover I used zotero's right-click<createbibliography<copy to clipboard to add a bibliographic reference for each extracted annotation. The reason I ask this is because upon extraction zotfile adds a (author, year, page) style citation after each extracted annotation. Because of this I was surprised that I get the 'you must insert a citation before performing this operation' error message. It seems weird to me that these citations by zotfile are not recognized as citations in word by zotero.

If there would be a solution or workaround for this, I would be more than happy to hear about it.

Many thanks in advance and keep up the good work !
  • No, it's not -- the only reliable way for Zotero to auto-generate bibliographies is to use the word processor add-on. It won't and can't recognize the ZotFile citations at all and likely won't any time soon if ever. I don't think there's a workaround, I'm afraid.
  • To bad :( Thanks a lot for answering though !