install word processor plugin for Mac

Hi everyone!

I was trying to install the word processor plug in for Mac but I am not able to make it work. Is there anyone that could help me?
I downloaded the installer from the zotero page: when I open it on my Mac I see two icons: an empty word page named "zotero" and the alias of a folder named "drag here to install". What should I do? I read on the instruction for the windows installer that to install that there is the need to drag the folder within another folder. what about the mac version?

thanks so much for the help!
v:)
  • I think the empty word document is the plugin, and the folder alias points to the folder to which the plugin has to be moved. You probably just have to drag the word document onto the folder alias.
  • Unfortunately I try that way too but with no success. When I did that, all the times the following message appear:

'the volume for "drag here to install" cannot be found "insert the disk or connect to the server volume and wait for it to appear on the desktop,then try again" '

and then

'the item "zotero.doc" cannot be move bacause the folder cannot be modified'.

What do you suggest me to do!?
    tks so much!
  • The Zotero.dot file needs to be located in "Office/Startup/Word" within the "Microsoft Office 2004" folder. If this isn't in Applications, as it is by default, you'll need to find it yourself and copy the file there.
  • hi Dan! thank you so much for your help! it worked out! I think the problem was that I have a version of Office which is not in English so maybe it was not able to locate the folder!

tak!
  • @vdm21 are you able now to locate the folder?
  • yes, now I found it! did you had similar problems?