using Zotero & notes for research

2»
  • My mistake, it works with $$\int$$. I will dive into MathJax before bothering you again
  • The default mathjax delimiters for in-line math are \(<your math here>\). If you want to use $<your math here>$, open an issue on github and I'll see what I can do.
  • Hello everyone,

I have the same issue as many - I am trying to use Notes and Reports to make a literature review. I currently use a text editor and just paste in the citation for each paper that I am reviewing (but will be adding the direct zotero link now that I understand its an option). I need it to be all in one document like the report would do with notes, but not the metadata, but actually the citations.

I tried the RC - it's great but doesn't allow me to have the citation instead of the metadata, right? https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-report-customizer

and I posted on a github ticket I think @dstillman created.

Question:

Has this new functionality been created by someone already? Could someone point me in the right direction if so?

Thanks!

• edited October 29, 2019
    If you set the hidden pref extensions.zotero.report-customizer.bibliography to true, a formatted bibliography entry will be added to the report for each item.
  • edited October 29, 2019
    hi @emilianoeheyns that's great, thanks. So between activating that feature, and then clicking to close most of the metadata items in the report I can get something very close to what I want.

EDIT - figured out the exporting.

Are there any other cool hidden prefs?

THANK YOU!
  • You can save it and you'll get a HTML file. Pick the "web page, HTML only" format when saving.
  • If you set join-authors to a non-empty string, authors will appear in a single row instead of multiple (but you won't be able to tell the author type when multiple are present), You can set MathJax to a MathJax config block if you don't like the defaults. That's currently all that's available.