"val is undefined" Report ID: 455684200

edited October 6, 2019
Dear Zotero Team,
When syncing my local library with the online library I get an error saying "val is undefined".

This appeared after I had unlinked both after I had set my local library to a previous version using the automatic backup (https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#restoring_from_the_last_automatic_backup) , as I had accidentely delected folder (they appeared twice, but when I deleted one, both were gone).

There was another error message, I could not reproduce, that said I might have a corrupted Zotero logins database and suggested to remove cert8.db and kex3.db and logins.json from my Zotero profile directory and then to re-enter login details. However, I could not find the mentioned files to do so.

Any suggestions on how to solve this are welcome.
Thanks,

"val is undefined" - returned the following messages:

[JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsITreeSelection.toggleSelect]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 2173}]

[…]

[JavaScript Error: "val is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js" line: 3047}]

[additional errors removed — D.S.]
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces an error?
  • This appeared after I had unlinked both
    Though I'm a bit confused what you mean by "unlinked both"? You can't "unlink" anything in the online library, and while you can unlink the local Zotero from your sync account, that's not in the instructions.
  • Thanks for the quick response, the error disappeared after few more syncronisations. I think the combined reasons which caused the reported error are probably rare and do not happen again.
    True, the unlink of accounts was not in the instructions, it should have been only a temporarily disable of the automatic sync.