Limits on moving collections between libraries?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Moving Whole Collections from Group to Personal Library.
  • Hi,

I'm trying to move collections from a group library to my personal library. My questions are:

1. Is there a maximum number of items in any given collection for the drag and drop function to work? I am noticing that for collections that contain more items (e.g. >30), dragging the collection does not seem to work

2. Is there a maximum number of "levels" of collections and sub-collections that can be dragged into my personal collection at one time?
  • There are no limits, and people regularly drag collections with hundreds of items at once, but the current implementation could run into trouble with very large collections.

If you're having trouble consistently, we'd want to see a Debug ID for a drag attempt that fails?

(Note, too, that currently, if you want to replace a collection you've already dragged, you have to delete it in the target library. Items dragged previously will be properly placed back in the new collection rather than being copied again.)
  • edited October 22, 2019
    Hi Dan, Debug ID: 123934155 and D1141525170

Appreciate your guidance.