Unable to attached PDF files to online Zotero library

Hello,

I am unable to attach PDF files from the desktop to my online Zotero online. It takes unsually long time and then the attachment box greys out. Initially I thought it was a storage or a server problem. But that does is not the case as I have used only 7 % of my storage quota. Further, I am trying to upload these files from Australia where internet is not the best but its not bad either.

The reason I want to attach these files to my online library as opposed to the desktop app is that I work from different computers and want to be sure that all the attachments are synced to the Zoetero app when I use it from another desktop.

Any insights will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • The reason I want to attach these files to my online library as opposed to the desktop app is that I work from different computers and want to be sure that all the attachments are synced to the Zoetero app when I use it from another desktop.
    While this should work, but I'm not totally sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you want to upload files from computers where you aren't able to run the desktop app, or something else?

For the actual problem you're facing, you can try with a different browser, but any other fix will probably need to wait for the upcoming major overhaul of the web library.
  • Hi,

What I meant was that I use different computers from multiple locations (depending on the day of the week). Basically I need to access the offline Zotero app from multiple locations primarily because on somedays I can't carry my laptop due to certain restrictions. Therefore, I want to be sure that whenever I access the Zotero app from a different computer, all the files alongwith the attachments are automatically synced in.

Ideally, this should not be a problem provided I have uploaded the PDF file of the paper to my online Zotero library (which I have been doing until recently). However, since the past ten days or so, I am unable to upload the PDF files to my online Zotero library. It takes unusually long time and ultimately the PDF is never attached. I hope you understand the issue now. If not, please give me your email address. I will send you the screen shot of my Zotero screen. This may help you to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
    SS
  • edited October 18, 2019
    OK, this sounds like a misunderstanding. You don't need to upload something via the website to access it on the website. The whole point of file syncing in Zotero is to make files accessible on all devices, including in the online library. You just need to add files to the Zotero app and let it sync.

Again, uploading to the website should work, and if uploading still isn't working after the new version comes out soon, we can debug it further, but it doesn't sound like it's actually necessary for what you're trying to accomplish.