Library is missing entries

My library is missing entries. It appears that I can still cite sources that I have in my library, but I cannot bring up the entry to make edit. How do I restore the data in my libray?
  • To clarify, I can still cite sources that are no longer visible in my library.
  • My library on-line is correct, but when I open the app it only contains 96 of my 353 entries. How do I restore the full library to the app?
  • Now my online library is missing the entries again.
  • To clarify, I can still cite sources that are no longer visible in my library.
    The plugin will show you citations already in the document, even if they're not in your current library (e.g., because they were deleted or because they were created on another computer and not yet synced). They're displayed in a "Cited" section at the top of the search results below the citation bar.
    My library on-line is correct, but when I open the app it only contains 96 of my 353 entries.
    See Changes Not Syncing.
    Now my online library is missing the entries again.
    There are 355 items in your online library, so I'm not sure why you think this.
  • The on-line library keeps switching back and forth between 97 and 355 items. The app will only display 97 items. When I try to sync the app with the on-line library , the on-line library changes to 97. The app will not display all 354 items.
  • This sounds like some sort of misunderstanding. Can you take some screenshots that show what you're describing and either upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox) and post links here or email them to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • I have discovered my error. I assumed my entries were all under a named folder ("Dissertation") and apparently they are not. If I highlight the "My Library" instead of the named folder I see all 355 sources. The mix up was on my end. I went to edit a source and could not find it. I need to submit my dissertation in less than a month and this caused a major "freak out" moment for me. Thank you for your response. If I might ask another question, I cannot tell if I am near the free quota limit. I cant see to find that information anywhere.
  • The free quota applies only to file syncing, and you haven't synced any files. You can see your current online storage usage on the storage settings page.

Data syncing is unlimited, and you can store as many files locally as you like.
  • Thanks, feel free to delete this discuss from the forum page to spare me any more public humiliation over user error.
  • (the forums are here because people have questions when using software; no need to feel embarrassed about what are perfectly normal question. If every post was a valid bug report, we'd be in trouble... )