Drag and Drop PDFs to Tablet

I use a Windows 10 Laptop and Boox Max 2. The Problem is Zotero does not find the reader and I cannot drag and drop Pdfs. If I drag and drop them to the desktop first and then to the e-reader there is no Problem.
For your support I would like to thank you in advance.
  • Not exactly your question, but you can use the Zotfile plugin to automatically send and retrieve PDFs to your tablet.
  • Thanks alot for the support and the suggestion. I use Zotfile and Zotfile does have the same problem detecting and opening the e-reader folders. The reader is in MTP mode connected and I can few it within the explorer. Software like Calibre is able to communicate. My idea was that Zotero does not recognise the e-reader and because of that Zotfile cannot open existing folders on the reader.
    However I can few the folder structur of the reader in Zotfile, I am not able to select any folder I can see on the reader from within Zotfile. Since Drag and Drop from Zotero did not work as well, I thought there might be a common mechanism behind it.
    Changing the connection to USB-PTP connection did not solve the problem.
  • edited October 15, 2019
    timtom,

This is a very delayed response to your question and you likely have found a solution by now. But for others searching the forum, this might be of use.

Please someone will correct me if I am mistaken about this, but I believe Zotfile will only sync with an app from a cloud storage service. This is how I have it set up with Dropbox:

I created a Dropbox account and downloaded its desktop app to my laptop.
    In the Dropbox folder I created another folder called Zotero.
    In Zotero preferences > Advanced > Files and Folders > I choose that folder as the base directory
    in Zotfile preferences > General settings > Location of files - I used the same path for my Custom Location
    in Zotfile preferences > Tablet settings > Location of files on Tablet -- I used the same path for Base Folder

I installed the Dropbox app to my Kindle and logged into my Dropbox account. The file structure on the app mirrors what I see on my laptop.

Now in Zotero I right-click on a PDF in my library and choose Manage Attachments > Send to Tablet
    The file appears in the Dropbox Zotero folder on my kindle.
    I open up the PDF and annotate it and then save the file.
    Back in my Zotero library I right click again on the PDF I sent to my tablet and choose Manage Attachments > Get from Tablet
    The annotated PDF is attached to my reference. It has the suffix _annotated, because I specified that in my Zotfile Tablet settings. The annotations I made on the PDF are extracted and added to my notes.