Menu bar lettering is blank

This discussion was created from comments split from: Menus appear blank, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.
  • A possibly related, although not identical, problem with 5.0.75 standalone under Ubuntu 19.10 was encountered:
    The menu bar lettering is blank, although the functionality of the bar is intact (as checked by "fishing" with the pointer).

I recall someone having run into a similar issue with one of the early 5.0.x versions, but cannot find the pertinent thread anymore.

Simple reinstall does not correct the situation.
    Yes, I know, "official release date" for 19.10 is 5 days from today.
  • This is almost certainly unrelated, so I've moved this to a new thread.

Can you take a screenshot of what you're describing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here?
  • In the menu bar, the words File, Edit, Tools, and Help do not show - at least not in the traditional white, they may in fact be there if they are rendered in black - but for someone using Zotero for uninterrupted 7 years, this is only a minor nuisance.
    Anyone in the know where these menu options are expected will klick at the correct menu-bar position and find the functionality of these options fully satisfactory.