Toolbar in OOo 2.4 can not be moved

Since upgrading to Ubuntu 8.4 including Openoffice 2.4 the Zotero-Plugin Toolbar can not be moved anymore. No matter what I do, it just doesn't seem to be movable and it just sticks in the Top-Left Corner. The only thing I can do is disable it an then create my own toolbar using the Zotero comands. Isn't there a way to move the toolbar. I mean zotero is important to me but not more important than options such as saving or opening documents.

Greetings
chuelibrueder
  • I'm having the same problem after doing a page preview. The toolbar got rearranged and it's stuck on top left. Very annoying!

I think the problem is the 'Lock to Toolbar' option is ticked but greyed out. Seems like a badly configured setting but I don't know to to change it. Anyone can suggest a work around?

Tan
  • I'm experiencing the same problem with Ubuntu 9.04 and OpenOffice 3.0.1
    Did someone find something?
  • Don't know why, but it was due to something getting corrupted in the OpenOffice preference files. On my GNU/Linux system, the preferences are stored in ~/.openoffice. I deleted those preferences (Writer must be closed), then restarted Writer and reinstalled my plugins. Now everything works fine...

I could not reproduce the corruption, but I had a similar problem with another plugin (at the same time Zotero was behaving weirdly), so it seems to be Writer specific, and not a Zotero bug.
  • After using OpenOffice some more, I can confirm that this bug still exists in OpenOffice 3.0.1 present in Ubuntu 9.04. I think it's the page preview or formula edition that triggered the toolbar rearrangement, and now it's stuck on top left (not movable).