Issue with PCloud WebDAV sync

Id: 2118343314

I've been having sync issues for attachments pretty much every since I started using it. I can't quite say exactly what causes them. At first, I didn't get any errors and only saw "symptoms" of the problem. Namely, whenever I read a pdf file and edited it (highlight, etc.), the edits would not be reflected on other devices for an undefined period of time. What caused files to eventually sync, I don't know. It always seemed/seems random. Nothing really helps it - not manual syncing, not restarting - in any consistent manner. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

That's pretty much it.

Thanks.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Your WebDAV server returned an HTTP 0 error for a GET request.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.

URL: https://********@webdav.pcloud.com/zotero/XXMQBIFL.zip" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 1494}]
    Some downloads from your WebDAV server are getting interrupted. I'm afraid that's about all we can tell you.
  • Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Does this mean the problem is not with Zotero but something else?

Thanks.
  • Oh, I just got a new error. Different from the last one.

ID: 1426523173

Could you please look into it and check if it is related in any way?

Thank you.
  • We'd need to see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt.
  • edited October 10, 2019
    Hi again,

Thanks. No problem. I actually figured out that it is much easier to just create a folder in Pcloud and use Zotfile to "rename attachments" after setting the folder as ZotFile's default. It moved all the attached files to that folder and created links to them. The best part is that Pcloud creates a P: drive on every computer, so you don't even need to use relative paths - the files are always in the same spot. No more sync problems. =)