ProQuest Multi-Item Selector Not Working

After running a search in a ProQuest platform database, e.g., ERIC, where there are multiple results, clicking the Zotero folder icon toward the top of the screen pops up a window that displays a list of checkboxes on the left but does NOT display any of the item titles. Windows 10, Google Chrome.
  • While this is being examined by translator volunteers, using ERIC directly from the Department of Education website works for me.
  • Thank you dwl-sdca! I only used the ERIC database as an example of one ProQuest database. I generally cross-search all of our ProQuest subscribed dtatabases, and the same Zotero problem is manifested when I do that. I am delighted to hear that this issue is being examined by Zotero translator volumteers. P.S. A librarian colleague who works on the Mac platform observed the same problem when clicking on the Zotero folder icon with multiple search results.
  • edited September 18, 2019
    For a long time I've been unable to use ProQuest with Zotero when on campus (or off, by proxy). I wasn't promising that Zotero translator volunteers are working on this -- only that everyone is aware of the problem. This may be something ProQuest is doing that makes a translator impossible. You can get RIS format metadata directly from ProQuest but I find that it is often formatted incorrectly. edit: I said that from memory. Apparently, RIS is no longer available for ProQuest records.

@dstillman pushed a fix for ProQuest about a week ago that seems to have worked for some but not for me as ProQuest is implemented at my university. [Would it be helpful for me to attach webpage html for ProQuest results to a message to support@zotero?]

edit: Individual items are captured by Zotero for most ProQuest databases (with key metadata items missing) but when I use the Zotero folder icon to capture multiple items I get Zotero tick boxes without titles. When I select multiple items on the ProQuest site and go to the ProQuest cite page, Zotero doesn't recognize that there is any available metadata for those items. When I export the metadata, the only Zotero-readable format available is BiBTeX. However, the file is empty of metadata. You can view the BiBTex file and copy it to your clipboard but the metadata doesn't contain article DOIs, journal ISSNs, and sometimes/inconsistently the author first-names and last-names are reversed (firstname,lastname instead of lastname,firstname).