Connector cannot save ProQuest PDFs

Good Morning,

Report ID: 1078483255

I work at a university and we've received reports that our students can no longer use the Zotero connector to save ProQuest PDFs. We've received reports from both Mac and PC users.

I am on a PC operating Windows 10, using Chrome version 74.0.3729.169. I am using Zotero version 5.0.57.

We are accessing these resources via proxy server (EZ Proxy).

When we attempt to use the connector in ProQuest it successfully saves the citation information but shows a red 'X' whenever it attempts to save the PDF. We can successfully save PDFs using the connector in other databases.

The report ID above corresponds to two tests: one in ProQuests ABI/Inform database and the other in ProQuest's Research Library database.

I've listed the relevant URLs for the test articles below:

ABI/Inform URL: https://search-proquest-com.fgul.idm.oclc.org/abicomplete/docview/2016525689/2C32AF23328242CDPQ/4?accountid=10868

Research Library URL: https://search-proquest-com.fgul.idm.oclc.org/pqrl/docview/219847724/88E7296A4E764546PQ/15?accountid=10868

Could you assist us with troubleshooting? Thank you!

-Abby
  • I can only test the second one, but the PDF saves for me.

For that second URL, can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero for a save attempt that fails?
  • Thanks for testing. We're still encountering the 'x' instead of capturing the PDF on our end.

This is the Debug ID for the second URL: D2026455504

Thank you!
  • That's from the Zotero Connector. We need a Debug ID from Zotero.
  • Apologies, here's the Debug ID from Zotero: D717393340
  • OK, I've pushed a change to the ProQuest translator that will hopefully fix this for you. (I can't test it, since it works for me.) Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.
  • Thank you! I just manually updated the connector and tested it and was able to save the PDF no problem. I appreciate your help!