"Style could not be found" error

This discussion was created from comments split from: The basics - I can't find zotero on Word.
  • edited September 8, 2019
    Zotero was working fine, but today it refused to start the style and citations and when I tried to add a citation to my word document, it gives me error..style could not be found. I got many bugs ID. I tried things recommended on your website like opening Window-R and type Debugge then another thing. so I will copy and paste something of the pink errors:
    Timestamp: 2019/09/08 6:27:11 PM
    Error: Invalid or missing translator metadata JSON object in DOI Content Negotiation.js
    Source File: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translators.js
    Line: 273

Timestamp: 2019/09/08 6:27:11 PM
    Error: Invalid or missing translator metadata JSON object in DOI Content Negotiation.js
    Source File: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translators.js
    Line: 273
  • I re-installed an earlier version of Zotero. It did not give an error, it linked to word but did not reterive metadata. What is wrong with Zotero??
  • I've moved this to a separate thread. Please respond here, since your question isn't related to the other thread.

Reinstall the latest version of Zotero and try resetting styles from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.