APA not citing my paper correctly

problem is capitalization of title, journal issue and page numbers-- not online vs in hand (I edited that)

What zotero gave me:

Fawcett, J., Watson, J., Neuman, B., Walker, P. H., & Fitzpatrick, J. J. (2001, June 1). On Nursing Theories and Evidence. Retrieved August 28, 2019, from Journal of Nursing Scholarship website: https://sigmapubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2001.00115.x

what I needed

Fawcett, J., Watson, J., Neuman, B., Walker, P. H., & Fitzpatrick, J. J. (2001). On nursing theories and evidence. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 33(2), 115-119.

Problem:
On Nursing Theories and Evidence. vs On nursing theories and evidence.

Using italics for Journal name and Issue#

What am I doing wrong? Or is it a Zotero problem
  • Two things:
    For the title of the article, you need to store titles in Sentence case in your Zotero library. Right click on the title and choose sentence case. Because of proper nouns, Zotero can reliably go from sentence case to title case but not vice versa, so it assumes that any word stored in uppercase is intended to be always uppercase.

For the general reference format, it looks like you have stored the item as a Webpage type and not a Journal Article. Change the item type at the top of the information pane. How did you add this item to your library?
  • If I change that to sentence format, will it then mess up the journal titles?

I found an online source for the PDF I had of the article so I can use Zotero that way instead of manually inputting.
  • Just change the item titles, don’t change the journal titles.

But is your item stored as a Journal Article or a Webpage? What site specifically did you import it from?

The best way to add items is using the Save to Zotero button in your browser from the publisher abstract page. See https://Zotero.org/support/adding_items for details
  • edited September 6, 2019
    Thanks for the information
  • Make sure a) you're doing this in the software, not on the website and b) the title isn't selected (i.e. the cursor isn't in the field so you could type).