issues with webdav sync on second machine

I am trying to install Zotero on a second computer, an office machine. Both machines are running windows 10 and Zotero 5.0.74. My library syncs the citation entries to Zotero and the attachments to 4shared webdav. On the office machine, when I verify sync in the preferences Zotero reports that sync is set up properly. However, when I try to sync on the office machine, I get the following error:

Your WebDAV server returned an HTTP 500 error for a GET request.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.

The error report code is 1603136616. Any help resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

n
  • A 500 is a generic server error. As the message says, you'd have to contact your WebDAV provider.
  • Ok. Unfortunately, at least initially, I'm not seeing much of a mechanism to contact 4Shared. In the mean time, I am trying to track down what seems to the the offending file S42FPB7E.zip. It isn't on the local system and the remote file is apparently corrupt. I may try simply removing or renaming the file to see if that has any positive impact. I'll look on the home machine too and see if it is there perhaps.

As an alternate route for attachments, I'm giving serious consideration to using Zotfile with a campus OneDrive account as there is ample storage. In the past Webdav has been very stable, this is the first issue I've had with it. Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep poking around. However, it seems like it may be the file S42FPB7E.zip.

Regards,
    n
  • You're getting the same error for many different files. There's no reason to think it's a problem with a specific file.
  • edited September 3, 2019
    Thanks for clarifying. I did notice that one file was corrupt but was not aware other files were giving an error. I looked more carefully at the log and see that several files are problematic. I found a point of contact at 4Shared and am following up with them. If I learn something useful, I"ll post what worked. Things are still working fine on the home machine.

Regards,
    n
  • Having similar problems. Up until recently attachments were accessible from any of my devices but I now get a sync error "A potential problem was found with your WebDAV server.

An uploaded file was not immediately available for download. There may be a short delay between when you upload files and when they become available, particularly if you are using a cloud storage service.

If Zotero file syncing appears to work normally, you can ignore this message. If you have trouble, please post to the Zotero Forums." . The files are being stored on individual devices so have been trying to use just a single device. But I still can't access the attachments from other machines. Would appreciate the contact details at 4shared - like you wasn't having any problems until recently. The notes and tags all seem to be accessible from any device.

Using a combination of Mac and Ubuntu OS but running Firefox on both.

Regards,

B