Zotero Update Causes Synch. Error

The update on Aug. 18 causes synchronization error. After the update, Zotero desktop asked if I want to change the storage location! It was an odd question. I said no, keep it the same. Also, One Drive asked to re-log in, which is also an odd request, but I did. Then things went normal at the first day. The next day, any new pdf file I added and synchronized after the update, it is automatically downloaded back into the main Zotero local folder! It is odd thing as each pdf is normally within a folder inside a folder called storage! .When I checked Zotero website, I found those pdfs are not uploaded! Furthermore, One Drive keeps saying processing 6 changes, and never stop !, though it synchronized the entire zotero.sqlite!, but it keeps looking for the changes forever.

Please, advise.
K.T.
  • Sorry, I'm having trouble following this without specifics.
    After the update, Zotero desktop asked if I want to change the storage location!
    For example, I don't know what you mean by this. Zotero hasn't prompted about the data directory since the Zotero 4 → 5 upgrade in 2017, and even that was only in rare situations.
    The next day, any new pdf file I added and synchronized after the update, it is automatically downloaded back into the main Zotero local folder!
    I don't know what folder you're referring to.
    When I checked Zotero website, I found those pdfs are not uploaded!
    Only stored files are synced. Linked files aren't synced.

Zotero itself has nothing to do with OneDrive, and no knowledge of it. It's possible you configured the third-party ZotFile extension to convert new attachments to linked files stored elsewhere on your computer.
    Furthermore, One Drive keeps saying processing 6 changes, and never stop !, though it synchronized the entire zotero.sqlite!, but it keeps looking for the changes forever.
    If you're saying you have your Zotero data directory, including zotero.sqlite, in OneDrive, you should move it out of there immediately and point Zotero at the new location. Storing your data directory in a cloud storage folder will corrupt the database.