Brave Browser support

Hi,
I am wondering if it would be possible to add support for Brave (web browser) or redirect me to a place where I can learn how to make these two work together.

Thank you.
  • You can install Chrome extensions into Brave, so the Zotero Chrome Connector should work: https://brave.com/loading-chrome-extensions-in-brave/
  • Zotero almost works perfectly with Brave. One small issue, if I open a PDF in Brave (via pdf.js) the "Save to Zotero" icon no longer registers that I'm a looking a document that can be downloaded. I have to instead, download and drag into Zotero manually.

I'm looking for a way to change the default PDF viewer in Brave, but if there was a simple fix Zotero could incorporate, that would be great.
  • Re: Dritfless,

I am having this exact same problem. For the most part, Zotero works. But the option to save pdf does not work, exactly like you described.
  • I am also having the exact same problem. I am not able to save PDFs from Brave into Zotero...

It would be awesome to have that fixed!
  • Having the same problem!
    Zotero connector does not save PDFs directly. :(
  • edited November 20, 2019
    My problem is different. If I go to an Amazon book in chrome and bring up the menu with "save to Zotero", it will often have 3 options, including "save to Zotero (Amazon)", which is by far the best option for me. The Brave save menu only includes with a webshot or without a webshot rather than giving me the Amazon option.
  • @P%20Hudson -- Zotero would default to the (Amazon) method if it's working correctly, no need for right-click, so something more general isn't work. You could try running through https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues though of course also being mindful that Zotero connectors aren't tested on Brave, so this isn't guaranteed to work.
  • I can not save a url from a medical website in zotero through Brave. I tried from U.S. National Library of Medicine and other 3 more and I cannot save those papers.
  • @Margaraya we'd need exact URLs for a start.
  • Is there any progress on the problem of pdfs?

I can't get a direct import from a pdf opened in Brave, and have to manually download and attach.
  • @ambimorph
    Quoting adamsmith
    we'd need exact URLs for a start.
  • Using Brave Browser + Mac + Zotero Extension: Create item shortcut key default is command + shift + S...this interferes with my webflow developer website. I change it to something else, e.g. command + shift + U and this does not work but command + shift + S still creates a new item even though I have changed the shortcut key.