Error message when trying to authenticate with Google Docs

I am a new user to Zotero, and I added the Browser Connector to Chrome in order to use Zotero with Google Docs. I don't have any other browser extensions. However, when I try to authenticate my Gmail account I receive the error message

[JavaScript Error: "Zotero cannot access this document."]

My report ID is 1716104834.

Also on an unrelated note, how do I transfer a document from Word to Google Docs?

Also on an unrelated note, if I want to import a file that I have imported before, but that contains several new citations, if I delete the previous file from my library and import the augmented one, will this affect the citations in my document?

Thank you
  • Try restarting your browser, and if that doesn't help try logging out of Google completely and back in.
    how do I transfer a document from Word to Google Docs?
    https://www.zotero.org/blog/move-zotero-citations-between-google-docs-word-and-libreoffice/
    if I want to import a file that I have imported before, but that contains several new citations, if I delete the previous file from my library and import the augmented one, will this affect the citations in my document?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Import what kind of file?
  • Hi, I am on a different account. I have a large bibtex file which is shared and added to with colleagues. I want to update my Zotero library with the new citations in this file. The fastest way I have found is to delete my previous file in my Zotero library and upload the new file. Otherwise I end up with thousands of duplicates. My question is will Word or Google Docs notice if I have deleted and reuploaded a citation if all the information remains the same. This seems to be a good work around until Zotero has an automatic merge option.
  • My question is will Word or Google Docs notice if I have deleted and reuploaded a citation if all the information remains the same.
    Yes it will remove the link between the items in Zotero and the document, so don't do this.

I'm afraid the quickest way for you to handle this situation is to make a diff between the current and the last version of the .bib file, the add the newly added items using import from clipboard and implement any changes manually (or, of course, convince your collaborators to use Zotero)