Greetings, how to delete attachments and notes

I am new, on the free plan- and so far Zotero looks great, thanks for the wonderful tool. Learning the ropes and getting hands dirty.
I created a couple of bibliographic entries, and thought I should attach the corresponding PDF aricle given the opportunity to do so.
I dont know how it happened, but accidentally loaded 4 files instead of one, and
three of them are duplicats of another entry (dont ask how this happened, devil in the machine) I found at least a couple of posts in this forum asking how to delete/remove attachments and notes, but not found any clear answer
How can I delete attachments? (from the item view)
How can I manage my Zotero storage? (could there be a simple view
of all the stored file with the opportunity to edit, replace, delete for each ?)
Shoulfny be difficult! Also cannot see any option to 'purge' (read about this in a related thread but cannot see purge option) Thank you!!
  • If you don’t want to sync files, the best approach is to just disable file sync in the Sync pane of Zotero preferences. Then, you can still save files to your library locally without syncing them.

Only files count against your storage quota, not item data (title, author, etc.) or notes.
  • edited July 20, 2019
    That said, you can delete attachments and notes just like any other item: select them and press the Backspace/Delete key, or right-click and choose Move to Trash.
  • Also, for an at-a-glance view, with the cursor in the middle column the (+) key will expand all child attachments and notes, and (-) will collapse them.
  • Thank you for replies.
    Found the bin (delete option) after selecting the 'attachment details'link next to the attachment itself.
    I am working from the web interface (not from the downloaded client)
    I have now entered three items in my Library. and I think I read somewhere that everything I upload to my library, is automatically available to my groups library by detault, without eating into the group's library quota. Is this so? At the moment, the three items I created are not yet visible in my group's library and I do not see the option to do so, I do not see any Zotero Preferences tab under my profile, Thanks again for assistance PDM
  • You really need to install the Zotero app on your computer to work with Zotero. The current web interface is not a replacement, and you can't currently do things like copy items to groups. (We'll also always assume you're actually running the Zotero app here, because that's what "Zotero" refers to.)
  • But no, things you add to My Library are not available in your group libraries by default — you have to drag them in the Zotero app — and files in separate libraries count separately against your quota.
  • OK thanks - I am mostly web only but understand if the functionality is in the app. shall download and explore now, thanks a lot