Notes disappearing before my eyes

I was typing a sentence into a note attached to a source and it literally disappeared the moment I finished the sentence. The rest of the note, which I had written the day before, still remained, but the new text I had just typed into the note is gone. This has been happening repeatedly in the past couple of days. Any ideas as to what's happening and how to fix it?
  • I believe this might happen if you are working within a search, where the item is part of your search results, but the note itself is not. If that is the problem, then just exit the search while doing this. If not, my comment is irrelevant, but you may want to include a Report ID so someone can help you troubleshoot.
  • This obviously shouldn't happen in any situation, but there have been occasional reports of it before, and some did seem to be related to having a search active. We haven't been able to reproduce it.

If you can reproduce this, we'd want to see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for it occurring.
  • I work with notes a lot and I have this happen quite often. I think it happens when zotero syncs with the online library. As if it hasn't saved what you've just been typing yet, and it syncs the online version over the local version, could that be?
    I'll enable logging and hope it happens again so that I can report the Debug ID. Of course, that might be quite a lenghty debug log.
  • You can periodically select Clear Output from the Debug Output Logging menu to keep the log size down while waiting for it to occur.