Stop Exporting URL for Journal Articles

Whatever format I use when I create a bibliography with Zotero, the program seems to include jstor URLs as part of the citation. I can't figure out any way to stop it from exporting the URLs. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
  • @seantmitch: before posting new issues, please do a search first. This issue has been discussed here numerous times.

The short-term solution is to remove the content from the URL field, and if you wish to to preserve, create a link.
  • Thanks, bdarcus. Will do, on the search.
  • I support the request -- why not to add a checkbox "skip URLs" when exporting for BibTeX? Is it possible?

If, for example, I add a citation from Scopus, it goes with an URL. When I try to compile my article with the citation, LaTeX reports an error because of & symbol in the URL. It means that I need either to clean it in Zotero every time I add a new reference, or to write an additional script to clean .bib files from URLs during compilation. Seems to be easy, but I am a newbie, so don't really know how to do it. Probably I will find a solution in a while, but I think this problem appears quite often, right? So why not to add the checkbox? ;) It will really help many people.

Thanks
  • why not to add a checkbox "skip URLs" when exporting for BibTeX?
    This is a different request than what was made in this thread. I'm adamantly opposed to adding a checkbox in the GUI for this: BibTeX in particular, but other citation/export formats in general have a ton of different possible formats that users have eccentric views on.
    When I try to compile my article with the citation, LaTeX reports an error because of & symbol in the URL.
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5205/